Submissions for short and feature length films to the best documentary film festival in Oregonare now open for our 2018 film festival event. This documentary film festival event will take place on Friday and Saturday night, May 11-12, 2018 at the Avalon Theatre in downtown Portland, Oregon. Would you like to screen and watch your documentary short or feature film in a crowded theater?
Why did we create this festival?
The creators of the Oregon Short Film Festival have launched this new and specialized festival to target the Portland documentary film audience. The Oregon Short Film Festival screens all genres of films, but we noticed through our research and feedback, that the documentary films that we screened were the most popular. Is it time for your documentary short film to have a theatrical release in the Northwestern United States? We are looking for engaging stories and great production value. The judges appreciate good cinematography and creative music. In 2017 we screened over eight hours of shorts and features.
- Discount Deadline: November 30, 2017
- Earlybird Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Notification Date: April 8th, 2018
- Event Dates: May 11-12, 2018
- Micro Short Documentary Film (1 minute to 5 minutes and 59 seconds)
- Short Documentary Film (6 minutes to 19 minutes and 59 seconds)
- Feature Length Documentary Film (20 minutes to 59 minutes and 59 seconds)
- Extended Feature Length Documentary Film (Between 60 minutes and 120 minutes)