"Song in a Day" is a documentary film from director Kris Jones.
Song in a Day is an impressive film from Kris Jones who explores the creativity of song writing, recording and completion in just one day. The judges enjoyed the personalities of this group of musicians that all seem to bring their talents together and weave them into one cohesive mix. There are some bumps along the road, but at the end of the day, Kris Jones captures the twists and turns of this back story and delivers an enjoyable film.
- Film Name: "Song in a Day"
- Director: Directed by Kris Jones
- Director of Photography: Michael Nipper
- Editor: Aaron Filipowsky
- Runtime: 14 Minutes
- Screening: Friday, November 10th, 2017
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Tagline: "Can art be created under constraints? What happens to the creative process under the pressure of time and collaboration? Five Portland musicians accept the challenge of working together to write, compose, record and mix an entire song in just one day. Viewers see behind the scenes during the songwriting process — from the small sparks which start the creative fires of collaboration, to pushing boundaries before setting structure. Find out how a creative process which normally takes weeks, or even months, can benefit from a high-wire sense of urgency."
"An impressive film from Kris Jones who explores the creativity of song writing in just one day." - Mikel Fair
Kris Jones’ film explores the tension between creativity and constraints; asking the question: Can limitations actually enhance the creative process? Jones’ most recent film, Song in a Day, challenges five Portland musicians to meet on a Friday morning to write, compose, record and mix an entire song by the end of the day. A trained graphic artist, Jones brings her deep love of music and unending curiosity about the creative process to this inspiring film. Song in a Day launches her exploration on how collaboration and constraints can springboard creativity.